Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Wall Project Share...On the Cheap!

Hi Beautiful People!

OMGness Christmas is less than a week away! Have you decorated your home yet? I JUST finished! Sad but true. Today I would like to share a couple of projects with you that is easy to put together and get the kiddos involved! Best of all, you can use what you have on hand :)

Snowflake:

Supplies-


  • Parchment paper or a non-stick mat
  • Pearls/beads loose
  • Pearl/bead strand

Hot glue (gun)

  1. First lay down a dab of glue to the mat and press in a pearl or bead.
  2. Add a glue around the pearl/bead and add more beads around the center bead
  3. Add a line of glue making sure glue is touching the cluster of beads in the middle
  4. Design as you wish


If the children are doing this, please supervise them as the glue is HOT!! The snowflake can be used as an ornament or as I did here as an embellishment to this wall hanging.


Wreath:
You will need-
  • Die cutting machine
  • Wreath file-mine is from the Silhouette Store
  • Beads
  • Ink
  • Ribbon
  • Glue
  • Cardstock/paper (of course)

I cut out the circle and the leaves from the file. I did not cut all of the pieces that came with the file. You may want to cut extra leaves to make your wreath fuller. I used a blue and white cardstock which coordinates with the color scheme of the tree. Once the components were cut, I stapled the ribbon to the base layer. While I was doing this, the girls used ink to ink around the edges. We  assembled the leaves and adhered them down. I added silver beads (again to go with the color scheme, but you can use any color you wish) in clusters to mimic berries. We did this randomly throughout the wreath. Once the wreath was dry, I tied the ribbon we stapled earlier and added the snowflake embellishment.

Here is the finished wall:

I hope you enjoyed today's project! It is a good way to get some projects done and keep the kids busy too. So from the Guard family, MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HOLIDAYS/HAPPY KWANZA and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Until next time, be safe and I will "see" you all soon ;) Kenya~

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...