Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Using Doll Stamps on Your Cards



Hello All.  Renee here with a quick post addressing something that has bugged me since the Julie Nutting stamps first came out.  As anyone who follows me on Facebook or my blog knows, I currently have an addiction to Julie Nutting stamps from Prima.  The problem is, I am not a mixed media artist and currently have no interest in becoming one.  In fact, truthfully, I came into the card making world kicking and screaming when one of my design teams started requiring it. 

Right now, I am in love with all the Julie Nutting stamps.  I have aquired quite a collection of them and have been slowly working my way through that collection.  I like them because they are so easy to work with in any number of ways.  You can color them, stamp clothing from scrap paper, and decorate them in many, many ways.  My only grip is the size.  They are so big!  I like to make cards that fit a standard envelope, because while I now like making cards I do not like making envelopes!

As I sat down to work with one of my latest stamp additions, I decided to peruse Pinterest to see how others were making these oversized stamps fit onto a standard card size.  While browsing, I ran across many ideas for using these stamps.  My favorite is to cut it down to fit on the standard size card base that I am working on.


To start, I stamped and decorated my image as usual.  For this doll, I stamped a base of script onto Kraft cardstock, them stamped my doll over this base.  Then I colored and decorated her as I would normally do.
Once I finished working on my doll, I constructed the card as I normally would for a digi stamp, omitting the placement of the stamped image.  I then applied foam tape to my doll and attached to the space I created for the stamped image.  Once she was in place, I carefully trimmed off the parts that were too big.  Voila!  A 6 x 6 card using the doll stamps.


Supplies used:  Cardstock: Colorbok; Patterned paper: Echo Park For the Record; Stamp: Olive by Julie Nutting for Prima; Washi tape: Studio Calico; Copics: C3/5/7/10; Rhinestones: MAMBI; large script stamp: Stamping Up.

I hope this helps you use your doll stamps a little more.  

7 comments:

  1. Renee you are the reason I recently broke down and ordered some Julie Nutting doll stamps, the sad thing is that I haven't taken the time to play with them yet. I really need to get motivated, thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did such a fabulous job. you're making me wants some of these stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two of the first set but I hardly use them because they are so big. She has now put out some that are card size. Maybe I will try those soon. I don't have one but I have heard a lot of ladies say that you can resize the image with the silhouette. Stamp it scan it and resize it to the size you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can also use the Brother Scan and Cut. Stamp your image, scan it, resize it and it will cut it out for you. Any image you find you can scan, resize, duplicate and cut. Love my Scan and Cut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea to stamp the script and then stamp the doll over it. You can also stamp, scan, resize and print-to-cut with your Silhouette software. That's what I did.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...