Friday, August 8, 2014

DIY: Washi Tape

Hello Crafty One's Deirdre here today with you today a tutorial involving things you already have around the house to make the every so popular Washi Tape.  I think that no matter how much you own, you will come across a project that involves this tape and you don't have the exact pattern or color you need???  Well for me I have this big for passion with wording, so for this project I am sharing a quick and easy way to make my favorite.


TOOLS: an old book, scotch tape a spatula or something similar that will aide in slow lifting

Pick a section and the length of tape you want to make and smooth it to the surface of the page torn from the book, keeping the end affixed to the spatula (this is mr Cricut spatula)

Pulling back slowly you will lift in the opposite direction so that the first layer of paper lifts off onto the tape

As you see I lifted off slow enough to have a transparent effect

Although a little sticky I added some glue to the back.  You use wet or dry adhesive before attaching it to your project

I made a little project life card and attached it in place

Add your photo or written note and you done.  The look of the DIY Washi is an awesome additon

Now you could do this with all the scraps we tend to have left over, think about the scraps of your favorite piece of paper...just a thought, I see your wheels spinning...lol
I want to thank you for "creating something handmade" with me.

Deirdre Smith, http://glitteredroses.com/

5 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...