Saturday, August 2, 2014

Summer Saving

Hi,
Welcome to August and the full swing of Summer.  My husband and I are squeezing in a quick Summer vacation to Colorado before the snow and ice return!  I know saving can be hard especially in the Summer when you want to be outside the house attending festivals, traveling and spending money for heavens sake!  I have an idea that hopefully will help, Summer Saving.
I love mason Jars....for everything from button storage to making fresh salads even dying yarn.  Why not use it for saving money.  Mason Jars allow us to see our goals in a new way.  I kept my embellishments simple due to the fact the jar will be opened and closed frequently.
I grabbed my supplies to pretty up my jar and got to work.  



 
I traced out my lid and trimmed down my burlap.


I stapled my burlap to the mason jar, wrapped my jar in twine and accented with an envelope die topped off with a flower embellishment closure. The card is just a reminder. A reminder of your financial goals or a word of encouragement.   



I wish you a most wonderful summer and a debt free vacation!

Supplies Used: Cardstock My Minds Eye and Bazzill, Dies-Sizzix, My Favorite Things,   Embellishments: Want 2 Scrap, Theresa Collins, Theresa Collins
Happy Saving!
Emonie

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! And I love the idea of having such a tangible, visible reminder of a goal. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll! Yes we need to touch and feel sometimes!

      Delete
  2. what a fun project and I especially like the little envelope on the jar and the flowers. nice work and have a fun vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my kinda project; love all the materials you used! Especially the burlap and the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and mason jars are great for storage..including money. I use mine for all kinds of goals and savings.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...