Thursday, November 27, 2014

SOC Altered Picture Frame Mini Album and Our Love Bug Introduction

Hi Everyone,

So with today being Thanksgiving I thought I would share with you a very special project. This one is dear to me because it reminds me how truly blessed I am.  I was diagnosed with PCOS a long time ago and was told that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant naturally. That I would need medical assistance if I ever want children.  Last Thanksgiving I found out that I was pregnant.  This Thanksgiving she is four (4) months young, beautiful and healthy; Praise God!!

Some months ago I went to perusing my local Michael's and saw this really pretty picture frame and instantly had a great idea to take the frame and make a mini album out of it, so I picked up a couple of frames.  I started this project and then I put it down again.  Not sure if it was the tiredness from pregnancy or the fussy cutting, or maybe it was a combination of the two. Whatever it was, I walked away from the project.

Then I gave birth to our beautiful baby girl and crafting came to a near standstill.  A few weeks ago I picked the project back up and was inspired once again and this time I finished it.

I love, love, love how this came out!!  Oh, and introducing the star in this album, our Lil' Love Bug, Rebekah...



Up close and personal...


The back of the album...

Just pull the ribbon to open the album...




 I might go back and spritz the flowers with a little Lindy's but otherwise I really like it. I have this frame hanging up at work on my cubicle/desk wall.  I attached black card stock to the frame and turned it into an accordion mini album.  I admit the 2x3 pics are a little dark because I printed them on the printer at work and couldn't adjust the settings, but I am going to print them through Walmart or Snapfish and then put them in.

There are many different options to choose for a hanging or put a stand on the back, but I chose the ribbon.

This project came out so well I can't wait to do it again.  So there you  have it.

I have never known such bliss as much as being a Mom.  I am truly blessed!!  Thanksgiving is so much more meaningful this year.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

Kelli


What I used…
~Michael's $1.50 bin frame
~G45 Ladies Diary 6x6 pad
~Recollections Black Card Stock
~Ranger Black dabber paint
~Butterfly Punches
~Glossy Accents
~Straight pins
~Acrylic Beads
~Studio G Flat Back Pearls
~Trico Roses in Peach
~Recollections Roses in Ivory

6 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...