Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Do You Celebrate With Cake??

Each month we have the opportunity to celebrate. It could be a Birthday, Anniversary, National Crafting Month..hint hint!! How we celebrate differs but there is one thing all my celebrations MUST have...CAKE!!

In this case not flour, sugar, butter, eggs...but something just as SWEET!! A Hershey Nugget cake!!



 I have to be honest I was not at all prepared to make this cake. I saw the idea several times on Pinterest but I didn't have the tools needed so I improvised :-) I found a plastic insert from the inside of one of my flower containers. I didn't know what the next layer was going to be. I found a piece of styrofoam in my basement. I cut it into a circle for layer two. I thought that would be all but you will see below I added another layer.  In total I used 30 Hershey Nuggets. The paper is CTMH Hopscotch. I cut the strips of paper to cover the nuggets at 1 x 3 inches.

 I didn't feel like 2 layers was exciting so I added a 3rd layer. I wasn't sure what to use for that base. I again paced my house and it came to me...a piece of a toilet paper roll :-) I ended up cutting two circles from my large circle punch making a base for the top and bottom of the toilet paper roll so it had stability on top of the styrofoam.

 I cut a bottom for the cake using my CTMH Art Philosophy cricut cart. I cut the base at 6 1/2 inches. The circle and scallop edge circle cake toppers were cut from the cart as well. My favorite bow was cut from the CTMH Artiste cart at 3/4 inches.

 The sticks were little craft sticks I had in my basement (there are unused treasures down there). I covered them with washi tape. I added some curly strips of paper which were cut at 1/4 inch and curled with the end of my paint brush.

The stamped sentiments are from the CTMH Artfully sent cricut collection stamp set. I really like how cute this came out! You can use this for any occasion!

What celebration do you have coming up that you would consider making a nugget cake for? Post your response in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. What a cute and tasty idea, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I might have to lift this, the hubby's bday is this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have a lot of fun making and he will enjoy it. Thank you :-)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...