Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Denim, Lace and Pearls

Here’s my altered project using some old Levi jeans that I don’t wear anymore.  I was told to cut them into shorts and wear them around the house.  My creative side lead to my favorite project…a mini album.  The theme is Denim, Lace and Pearls.  I must admit it was fun designing, but putting holes through the denim and chip board with my crop-a-dile was fierce. Thank goodness I still had my eyelet setter.  That’s why it’s hard to let go of old tools. 

This is how I got started.  I LOVE Sookwang double stick adhesive.  It was included in a goody bag that I received when I attended a crop by Tiare last year.  My scrapping sistah Lakeisa saw me using the last strip and gave me hers.  That’s why I love crops.  We always share!
 This is how I covered the outside chipboard with the material.  The inside pages had denim on both sides.

Below are views of the album.  (See close up view of the cover) Love this scripture It is more Blessed to give than to receive.  Acts 20:35.  The blue/white lace is over the satin lace and on the wide lace that's attached to the denim. It's a lot of layering, but I love the look!
All of the items used in this mini are from my stash!  
 The left side is an interactive page for lots of photos attached together with the altered paperclip,  The right has a pocket from the binding of the jeans used to store tags, photos, journal tags, etc. I took a strand of pearls and added to the satin lace and tied a knot of lace to put behind the denim flower.
 Both left and right are interactive pages.  The denim material was used to make flowers from Tim Holtz tattered florals die cut.
I found this mini file envelope by 7 Gypsies in my stash and put pearls and a flower bud on it.

 This view shows the right side above opened.  Kind of like a gate fold page to store photos.
 Back cover using the pocket from the jeans and another flower designed with Tim Holtz die cut.
Can you imagine the possibilities of using denim on your projects?  I'm going to look around and see what else I can alter or use with the left over denim.  In the meantime, if you have something you would like to challenge me to use it with let me know.  I LOVE a challenge!  Thanks for your kind comments and love you show on my projects.  Hope you are inspired!!!

Papercrafting Princess



8 comments:

  1. Wow, that is soooo nice, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes a special eye to see something in nothing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is absolutely brilliant. maybe i'll make some cut off shorts just to get that extra denim for projects! love this. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mini album turned out beautiful. What a great way to repurpose a pair of jeans and create a work of art. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...