Friday, July 3, 2015

Have a Sparkly July 4th!


Today I am sharing an Independence Day easel card.  They are super easy to make and look great displayed on a desktop.


Here are most of the supplies I used, including a free digital stamp from one of my favorite designers, Whimsie Doodles, Copic markers and glitter.


I cut the white cardstock into two pieces, a longer 4 1/4 inch by 11 inch and a 4 1/4 inch by 5 1/2 inch one.  I scored the longer one at 5 1/2 and 2 3/4 inches.

Next, I colored and embellished my digi, layered it on top of patterned paper and then to adhered it to the shorter cardstock piece.

 I took the longer cardstock piece, folded it in half and folded the smaller scored section down. 


 Next, I adhered the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch base to the front of the easel card on the bottom half.


 In order for the card to stay in the upright easel position, you need to place some type of dimensional embellishment on the bottom part of the card.



There are so many different styles of easel cards out there, can't wait to try another one!  Do you have a favorite?

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Kimberly




5 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...